Artikel TÜV SÜD Chemie Service
Expertise built on experience – full-service provider for safety and reliability
Advertorial aus CT Special Industrial Parks 2012
As a full-service provider for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, Leverkusen-based TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH offers integrated services focusing on the safety, reliability and availability of chemical plants and installations. The roots of the TÜV SÜD AG subsidiary go back to the internal testing and inspection divisions of Bayer, Dow Olefinverbund and Hoechst.
TÜV SÜD Chemie Service
„Thanks to our origins, we can offer both the relevant expertise and extensive experience in the safety and reliability of chemical plants and installations", notes CEO Dr Hans-Nicolaus Rindfleisch. „All our employees and approved experts are firmly rooted in the chemical industry where they have gathered extensive professional experience working as production and project engineers." As recently as summer 2009, TÜV SÜD Chemie Service took over the Technical Inspection unit of Dow Olefinverbund GmbH and thus further expanded its service offer for the chemical industry. „This takeover strengthens our presence in central Germany, signalling clearly that our on-site presence at chemical and industrial parks and proximity to our clients play a critical role in line with our identity as a service provider", explains Dr Rindfleisch. The services provided by TÜV?SÜD Chemie Service cover testing and support throughout the entire life cycle of chemical plants and installations - from planning and purchasing through assembly/commissioning, operation and maintenance to shutdown and decommissioning. „Our clients benefit from our integrated approach and our end-to-end quality management", emphasizes the CEO. „As a one-stop service provider, we offer plant safety right from the outset and from a single source."
Key services of TÜV SÜD Chemie Service are targeted at integrated plant inspection in the operation phase, including inspection before a plant is placed into service, assistance in the preparation of hazard and risk assessments and development and implementation of experience- and risk-based inspection strategies. The experts also support plant owners and operators by providing comprehensive quality management services in the purchasing phase, assisting owners/operators, for example, in selecting the best manufacturers, auditing and the constructive design and definition of specifications. The services provided in the operation and purchasing stages are rounded off by comprehensive data management using special SAP-based software. „With TIDOC® - Technical Inspection Documentation - we offer an end-to-end technical dossier of plants and installations including the scheduling, handling and documentation of all mandatory and/or necessary inspections, thus naturally contributing significantly to our clients‘ compliance management", explains Dr Rindfleisch.
The defined goals of TÜV SÜD Chemie Service include the further consolidation of its position as market leader in Germany and the continuous expansion of its position as an international service provider to the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. „Most chemical and pharmaceutical companies operate globally", explains Dr Rindfleisch. „We note that our clients are increasingly demanding global services from a single source and at a comparable level of quality." Consequently, TÜV SÜD Chemie Service has considerably increased its international presence by taking over the US service provider PetroChem Inspection Services with 400 staff in 2006 and by establishing a network of sites in China, currently with 25 employees. „Our presence at these locations places us in a position to support our clients in the world‘s key chemical regions and ensures prompt on-site presence in the event of problems".
The services of TÜV SÜD Chemie Service in detail:
Plant & Equipment Integrity
- Quality management for investment projects in Germany and abroad as per national/international standards (e. g. AD 2000, EN 13445/EN 13480, ASME, China GB), national regulations and customer specifications
- Support for manufacturer selection/auditing
- Review of purchasing specifications
- Support in questions addressing constructional design and material or welding requirements
- Strength, structural and stability analyses
- Stress and special analyses (e. g. FEM)
- Monitoring of production and quality assurance
- Approvals, inspections and certifications as per PED
Plant Safety & Inspection
- Expert reports (German Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV), German Air Pollution Control Act (BImSchG), water legislation)
- Support over safety issues and schemes
- Assistance in hazard Assessment preparation
- Systematic safety assessment
- Periodic inspections in the operation phase of production facilities as per BetrSichV and water legislation, of machinery, cranes and lifting installations and of containers subject to transport law
- Inspection of safety/process instrumentation, control systems and explosion protection measures
- Damage analyses and assessment
- Verification of maintenance measures
- Assessment of specialist workshops and organizations as per WHG (Water Management Act)
- Data administration and monitoring of inspection dates via own IT tools (SAP-based or stand-alone solutions)
- Training of operating personnel/competent persons
- Support in the implementation of Knowledge-Based Inspection/RBI/TÜV-RoiM schemes
- Conventional and innovative non-destructive test methods
- Mechanical and technological tests
- Metallographic examinations and microstructural analyses (stationary and mobile)
- Corrosion monitoring
- Failure analyses and expert reports
- Testing laboratory for plastics and long-term creep
- Expert reports on materials and corrosion protection
- Support in material selection where corrosion resistance and durability are critical
- Support in selecting the right sealing systems
TÜV SÜD Chemie Service GmbH - a 100 % subsidiary of TÜV SÜD AG - evolved from the former in-company testing and inspection units of the chemical and pharmaceutical companies Bayer, Dow Olefinverbund and Hoechst and the materials technology unit of Hoechst. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of TÜV SÜD AG, excels through its industry focus and modern integrated services, including the testing and inspection services of a Notified Body and/or Approved Body. Based at locations in Germany, the USA, China and Singapore, the experts of TÜV SÜD Chemie Service offer their support and assistance at global level.
TÜV SÜD AG is a leading international testing and certification service provider catering to the strategic business segments INDUSTRY, MOBILITY and PEOPLE. Approximately 14,000 employees are represented at more than 600 locations worldwide. The interdisciplinary specialist teams work towards optimizing technology, systems and know-how. As process partners they strengthen their clients‘ competitiveness worldwide.
Ausgabe:S2/2011 Compendium Industrial Parks 2012
Pharmaserv GmbH & Co. KG